Love is in the air…self-love that is! Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, and while the holiday traditionally celebrates love in the form of relationships, it is equally important to show yourself a little extra TLC, whether you are single or not. Here are our top tips and tricks to care for yourself this Valentine’s Day!
Have a Date Night
Have your own version of a date night this holiday with Coachella’s Best Organic Dates! Our dates are loaded with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, boosting your energy and making you feel great from the inside out. A serving of this sweet treat provides 964 mg of Potassium and 12 g of fiber to leave you feeling full and satisfied… without the tummy ache that eating an entire box of processed chocolates will cause.
What better way to spend a day of self-care than by taking the time to make some delicious and nutritious treats? Check out some of the recipes on our blog to get inspired! Our Date Brownies, Date Truffles, or Date Snickers Bars are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. You don’t have to sacrifice your health to have a candy-like treat. We love the dates + chocolate combo, and it's the perfect pair with any celebratory V-Day activities.
Make a Medjool Mask
The final step to a night of self-care is, of course, face masks! Did you know you can even use dates to make a DIY face mask? To make this simple and soothing recipe, you only need four ingredients: 5 Coachella’s Best Organic Medjool Dates, a half cup of milk of your choice, one tablespoon of semolina, and two tablespoons of raw honey. Follow the steps below to really glow!
- Cut the dates in half and remove the pits.
- Pour your milk of choice into a pan and boil for 5 minutes, on low heat.
- Turn off the flame and toss the five dates into the milk. Let them soak for at least half an hour.
- Blend the date-milk mixture.
- Add a tablespoon of honey and semolina, then continue blending the mixture together until you get a grainy texture.
- Apply the facial mask evenly to your face and neck, and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Once the mask has dried up, wet your hands and start gently scrubbing your face in circular motions for another 5 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry with a clean towel.
We wanted to remind you to love yourself and to fuel your body with the nutrients it needs to get through each day. This Valentine’s Day, let Coachella’s Best Dates be your date! Have a fun night in, watch your favorite movies, and bake your favorite date treats. This year is all about dating yourself.
To stay up to date with our fresh Organic Dates grown in Coachella Valley, CA, follow us on Instagram @coachellasbestdates.