Happy Valentine’s Day! No matter who you celebrate the holiday with, one thing’s for certain… you deserve a date. A Coachella’s Best Organic Date that is! Just because dates are a healthy snack that fuels the body, doesn’t mean they can’t also be a fun and sweet V-Day treat. That is why we have created these Date Hearts, perfect for any Valentine’s Day celebration.
These heart treats are adorable and make for the perfect gift for your girls or dessert for your S.O… but they’re also good for your body! (Because self-love is important today, too.) As you may know by now, dates are packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. They are also an amazing source of fiber that supports your gut health, keeps you full longer, and gives you the energy to get through the day. This means that you won’t have to worry about a nasty sugar crash after indulging in these sweet treats. Here’s how you make them:
- 2 cups Coachella’s Best Organic Medjool Dates (you can buy them in bulk HERE!)
- 2 cups pecans
- 1 bag white chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Pink food coloring
- Cut your Coachella’s Best Organic Dates ¾ of the way down (Cut down from the top of the date and leave the bottom attached).
- Remove the pit from the dates.
- Carefully separate the two sides of the cut date and gently press in order to form the shape of a heart.
- On each side of the cut date, add a pecan in order to hold the shape of the round tops of the heart.
- Add white chocolate chips and coconut oil to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute.
- Remove the chocolate and stir.
- Place the chocolate back into the microwave and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until the chocolate is fully melted.
- Add the pink food coloring to the melted chocolate and stir.
- Using a fork, dip the date hearts into the chocolate making sure to coat it completely.
- Place the coated dates onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet into the freezer for a few hours until the chocolate has hardened.
*Pro Tip: To make this recipe vegan and refined sugar-free, swap the white chocolate with dark chocolate!
We hope you enjoy these Date Hearts just as much as we do! Make sure to share your recreation of this recipe and don’t forget to tag us on Instagram @coachellasbestdates. And Happy Valentine’s Day from your forever Dates!