As the holidays start to come back around, it is always a good idea to have a healthy sweet treat around in order to satisfy all of those cravings while keeping you feeling good and energized. We have the perfect recipe for you from @iramsfoodstory that is equally delicious as it is nutritious, Chocolate Date Truffles!
These Chocolate Date Truffles are made with 7 simple, whole ingredients and are sweetened with Coachella’s Best Organic Medjool Dates. They are also vegan and gluten-free and are sure to be the ultimate crowd-pleaser at any holiday party that you bring them to! Here is how you make it:
- 10-12 Coachella’s Best Organic Medjool Date (you can buy them in bulk HERE!)
- ⅓ cup walnuts
- ⅓ cup pistachios
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate (melted for dipping)
- Cut your Coachella’s Best Organic Medjool Dates in half and remove the pit.
- Place your halved dates in a bowl and either cover with hot water or add room temperature water and microwave for 60 seconds.
- Let the dates soak in the hot water for about 2-3 minutes.
- Drain out the water from the dates and pat dry.
- Add the walnuts, pistachios, coconut, and cocoa powder into a food processor or blender.
- Pulse until finely ground.
- Add the Organic Medjool Dates and vanilla extract into your food processor or blender.
- Continue to pulse until a thick, sticky dough-like texture forms.
- Remove mixture and separate into small, evenly sized pieces.
- Roll the pieces into small balls.
- Melt the chocolate by microwaving it in 30-second intervals, mixing in between.
- Dip the balls into the melted chocolate or roll them in coconut flakes.
- Place on a baking sheet and store in the freezer until they are hard enough not to stick together.
- Transfer to an airtight container and keep in the refrigerator or freezer.
We hope you enjoy these Chocolate Date Truffles just as much as we do! Make sure to share your recreation of this recipe and don’t forget to tag us on Instagram @coachellasbestdates.