As the weather starts to cool down, there is no better way to start a chilly morning than with a warm, crunchy piece of toast with butter and jam. Most of the jams and jellies that you buy from the store are heavily processed and contain A LOT of artificial sugar or high fructose corn syrup which can not only be detrimental to your health in the long run but will also cause a sugar crash. This organic date jam has one ingredient and by using the entire date, the natural sugar works with the fiber in the fruit in order to provide long-lasting energy. Simplify your meals and morning with this ONE ingredient jam from @nivtalks, made with fresh, Coachella’s Best Organic Medjool Dates!
Nivedita from @nivtalks likes to spread her Date Jam on hearty grain bread and top with cheese, pistachios, and sea salt. She also recommends swirling it in yogurt, smearing it inside a grilled cheese, or blending it into a vanilla milkshake! You can also use it in a peanut butter and jelly sandwich or make jars to give to family and friends during the holidays! Here is how you make it:
- Coachella’s Best Organic Medjool Date paste (you can buy these dates here!)
- Cut your Coachella’s Best Organic Medjool Dates in half and remove the pit.
- Place your halved dates in a pot of enough water to cover all of your Organic Medjool Dates.
- Bring the water in the pot to a simmer.
- Allow the dates to simmer in the pot until they begin to break down
- Add the dates and water into a blender or food processor.
- Blend until the mix is completely smooth.
- Scoop the blended mix back into the pot and continue cooking until the texture becomes jammy.
- Spread on your favorite toast or add to your favorite recipe.
- Store in a glass jar or an airtight container in your fridge
We hope you enjoy this Organic Date Jam just as much as we do! Make sure to share your favorite way to incorporate this recipe and don’t forget to tag us on Instagram @coachellasbestdates.