Ever wonder the best and easiest way to eat healthy? Eat the rainbow! Each color contains different vitamins and minerals that are essential to support your body’s functions and allow it to thrive. By adding colorful fruits and vegetables to every meal you will provide your body with all of the essential nutrients that your body needs. We have the perfect recipe that will help you fit every color of the rainbow into one meal!
This colorful fruit bowl is the perfect snack to get in a substantial amount of your daily vitamins and minerals. This fruit bowl is as beautiful as it is delicious! It can be eaten plain on its own or with some greek yogurt and honey to make it a complete and more filling meal. What makes this fruit salad extra special and bursting with flavor is the addition of our Organic Yellow Barhi Dates (Khalal Barhi Dates)!
Yellow Barhi Dates are just less ripe Brown Barhi Dates which are the wrinkly dates that people are most used to eating. They are picked at the Khalal stage of ripeness which gives them an apple-like texture and crunch along with a more tart taste that is close to coconut. Yellow Khalal Barhi Dates are only harvested in the late summer/ early fall so they sell out fast and can only be bought once a year so make sure to buy them while you can!
Similar to all different types of dates, Yellow Barhi Dates are packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Yellow Barhi Dates are an excellent source of iron, fiber, B-vitamins, antioxidants, and flavonoids. Because these dates are not fully ripe, they do not contain as much sugar or calories as the fully ripe tamer stage of dates. This makes these yellow dates perfect for anyone who is trying to watch the amount of sugar and calories they consume while still receiving all of the other nutritional benefits from dates.
This recipe is one of our favorite ways to eat the rainbow, fuel our body with nutrients, and enjoy Coachella’s Best fresh, crunchy Organic Yellow Barhi Dates:
- ½ cup pitted and chopped Organic Yellow Barhi Dates (you can order them in bulk here!)
- ½ cup sliced banana
- ½ cup diced kiwi
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup blackberries
- ½ cup pitted and chopped cherries
- ½ cup chopped strawberries
- ½ cup peeled and sliced mandarin oranges
- In a bowl, wash your Organic Yellow Barhi Dates, strawberries, cherries, blackberries, and blueberries.
- Pat fruit dry with towels
- Cut Yellow Barhi Dates and cherries slightly off from the middle to avoid the seed
- Remove the seed and cut once more so that the Yellow Barhi Dates and cherries are cut into fourths
- Cut off stems of the strawberries and cut into fourths
- Peel mandarin orange, banana, and kiwi
- Slice the orange, banana, and kiwi
- Add all of the fruit into one bowl (either mixed or separated)
- Add any toppings you like (yogurt, honey, etc.)
We hope you enjoy this delicious fruit salad and our Organic Yellow Barhi Dates! Make sure to share your recreation of this recipe and don’t forget to tag us on Instagram @coachellasbestdates.