Keep summer going all year long with this tasty, tropical Yellow Barhi Sunset cocktail! Our delicious Yellow Barhi Dates are not only packed with nutrients and vitamins but also have a mouthwatering coconut flavor that is perfect for any tropical drink. Our take on this classic Sunset cocktail has every fruity tropical flavor you can imagine, making you feel like you are sitting poolside in Hawaii. This recipe makes one drink but you can always turn this into a big batch for a party by using 2-3 parts juice to one part Malibu rum!
- 4-5 Coachella’s Best Organic Yellow Barhi Dates (You can order these in bulk here!)
- 2 oz Malibu rum
- 2 oz pineapple juice
- 2 oz orange juice
- 1 oz grenadine
- Using a sharp knife, carefully chop 4-5 fresh Yellow Barhi Dates into small pieces
- Muddle the chopped Yellow Barhi Dates by using a muddler or by carefully using a food processor
- Add the muddled Yellow Barhi Dates, the rum, the pineapple juice, the orange juice, and the ice into a shaker cup
- Shake all of the ingredients together until they are thoroughly mixed
- Pour the grenadine at the bottom of your favorite cup
- Add ice to the cup
- Strain and carefully pour the mixed drink into the cup (We recommend pouring the drink onto a spoon in the cup in order to not mix it with the grenadine and to get the best sunset look!)
- Add your favorite colored umbrella and enjoy!
Don’t forget to garnish your drink with Yellow Barhi Dates, pineapple chunks, or maraschino cherries! If you are not a huge fan of the coconut flavor you can replace the Malibu rum with tequila or any alcohol of your choice. If you want to make this drink non-alcoholic you can substitute the Malibu rum for coconut water. Make sure to grab a bowl of fresh Yellow Barhi Dates to snack on while you sip this drink!
We hope you enjoy this delicious Yellow Barhi Sunset cocktail as much as we do! Make sure to share your recreation of this recipe and don’t forget to tag us on Instagram @coachellasbestdates.