We know you’ve all seen the recent viral Date Bark trend. When we saw it, we knew we had to jump on the bandwagon… and let us say, it did not disappoint! It’s the perfect guilt-free indulgence when you’re craving a sweet and savory candy snack!
This irresistible, healthy take on a classic candy bar is sure to be a staple in your freezer!
- 24 Coachella’s Best Organic Medjool Dates
- ½ cup of Natural Peanut Butter
- ½ cup of Almonds
- 5 oz of Dark Chocolate
- Coarse Sea Salt
- Remove pits from the dates and lay them slightly overlapping, face up, on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Use the bottom of a cup or jar to press the dates flat. (TIP: lightly grease the bottom of the cup to prevent sticking).
- Melt ½ cup of peanut butter, and drizzle over the dates.
- Chop the almonds and sprinkle evenly on top.
- Melt 5oz of Dark Chocolate (we used chocolate chips, but you can use bar chocolate also) and spread across the entire surface of the dates.
- Sprinkle some coarse sea salt on top.
- Pop in the freezer for 20-30 minutes, or until the chocolate has hardened.
- Break or cut into pieces, and enjoy!
** For the best lasting bark, keep the leftovers in the freezer (not that you’ll have any!).
We are obsessed with how much this tastes like Snickers! It’s a healthier alternative to your favorite candy bar and is free from refined sugar and packed with essential nutrients. We bet your family will love this healthy treat too. Grab some of our Medjool Dates, give the recipe a try, add your own twists and tag us in your pics on Instagram @coachellasbestdates!