Happy Hallowee-kend! While we love trick-or-treating to celebrate the holiday, we’re skipping the sugary candy this year and opting for a festive alternative using “nature’s candy”, Coachella’s Best Organic Medjool Dates!
This Vegan Pumpkin Fudge, made with our favorite Medjool Dates, is a delicious and all-natural substitute for the unhealthy store-bought candies your kiddos would normally be reaching for this on Halloween. We opted for traditional fudge squares, but you could go the extra spooky mile and use a pumpkin mold to give your candy some personality! Try this sweet treat for your Halloween celebrations all weekend long, and let us know what you think.
- 1 can pumpkin
- About 8-10 Medjool Dates (pitted)
- ½ cup any nut or seed butter
- Pumpkin pie spice (DIY with cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, allspice)
- Non-dairy milk (optional to help with food processing)
- Prepare your Medjool Dates by simply slicing them longways and removing the pit inside. Cutting the dates into smaller pieces will also help them blend easily.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor, adding non-dairy milk as needed.
- Process, stir, repeat until your mixture is well combined. It’ll take some time to get those dates blended!
- Press into a mold or pan and freeze.
- Optional: Dip in chocolate to complete the “candy” feel for Halloween.
This recipe is delicious as is, but we love to see you put your own twist on it! Dip your fudge in a chocolate coating, add toppings, or use cream instead of nondairy milk for a rich texture. However you make this dessert your own, make sure to share your Vegan Pumpkin Date Fudge with us by tagging us on Instagram @coachellasbestdates!