It’s almost Thanksgiving (can you believe it?!) and we can’t wait to see all of the delicious date-based recipes you’re bringing to the table this year. If you need some inspiration, try this sweet and healthy dessert. Consider it a “thank you” gift!
Our Vegan Pecan Pie, made with our favorite Medjool Dates, is sure to be the center of the dessert table at your Thanksgiving celebrations this year. You can make the whole recipe from scratch, or opt for a store-bought vegan pie crust- just make sure it’s unbaked! Don’t forget to add this recipe to the family cookbook to pass down for generations to come.
- 1 unbaked vegan pie crust
- ¾ cup Medjool Dates (pitted)
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 ½ cup pecan halves, divided
- ¼ tsp fine salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 and press your unbaked pie crust into a 9 inch pan.
- Prepare your Medjool Dates by simply slicing them longways and removing the pit inside.
- Combine dates, maple syrup, flax seeds, salt, and ½ cup of pecans in a food processor. Process until the dates are broken down and your mixture is relatively smooth.
- Pour 3/4 cup of the pecan halves into the pie crust and spread them out evenly. Pour the batter over the pecans and use a spatula to smooth it evenly. Sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup of pecans evenly over the top of your pie.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. When done, the top should be dry and the edges should be firm to the touch.
- Allow pie to cool for about 2 hours, then serve chilled or at room temperature.
Make sure to share your Vegan Pecan Pie with us by tagging us on Instagram @coachellasbestdates!