We can’t wait to see all of the delicious date-based recipes you’ll be bringing to this year’s Thanksgiving celebrations. If you need some inspiration, try our new twist on a Thanksgiving classic- cranberry sauce! Our recipe is vegan, so everyone can enjoy this sweet side dish.
We love cranberry sauce, but the canned stuff is full of added sugars and preservatives. This Thanksgiving, we found a healthy alternative made with fresh cranberries, and our Organic Medjool Dates! We might be biased, but we think the natural sugars in our Medjools give this sauce the perfect sweetness to add to your holiday meals.
- 3 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup Medjool Dates (blend with ¼ cup non-dairy milk to make a date paste)
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- ⅛ tsp dried thyme
- Bring about 4 cups of water to a boil in a pot over medium heat.
- Add cranberries and simmer for 5 minutes or until you hear the cranberries burst.
- Strain and add to the blender with the rest of your ingredients.
- Pulse until you reach the desired consistency.
- Store in a jar or airtight container and allow to thicken in the fridge.
Make sure to share your Date Cranberry Sauce with us by tagging us on Instagram @coachellasbestdates!