With summer just around the corner, we are comin’ in hot with our favorite “Hot Date” smoothie! Don’t let the name fool you, this smoothie will keep you cool all summer long and is perfect to kickstart your morning or sip poolside. This smoothie tastes just like a classic vanilla milkshake and can be paired with a hamburger or any of your favorite BBQ foods to bring on all of the summer feels. While this delicious smoothie may bring you back to your childhood, it’s actually extremely good for you and is packed with vitamins, minerals, and fiber to curb hunger and keep you feeling satisfied! Not only is it delicious and nutritious, but it is also super simple to make. Let’s break it down:
- 4-5 Coachella’s Best Organic Medjool Dates (You can order these in bulk here!)
- 1 Banana
- 1 Cup Vanilla Almond Milk (Oat Milk can be substituted as well)
- 2 Tablespoons Nut Butter (We used peanut butter)
- 1 Scoop Chocolate Protein Powder
- ½ Cup of Ice
- Pull apart four to five Dates and remove the pits.
- Chop Dates and one whole banana into smaller pieces (this makes blending easier)
- Combine in blender:
- Date and banana pieces
- One cup vanilla almond milk
- Two tablespoons of peanut butter
- One scoop of chocolate protein powder
- ½ cup of ice
- Pour in your favorite cup and enjoy!
Optional: If your smoothie is coming out too thick or if you are having trouble blending the ingredients you can add more almond milk or water to the blender.
This smoothie will give you a boost of energy in the morning or can also be used as the perfect post-workout snack. The combination of natural sugar and fiber in Dates and bananas gives you a boost of energy without the dreaded afternoon crash. The protein powder aids in recovery and the combination of all three will keep you full and satisfied for hours!
We hope you enjoy this delicious Date smoothie as much as we do! Make sure to share your recreation of this recipe and don’t forget to tag us on Instagram @coachellasbestdates.