Happy National Date Nut Bread Day! While we are partial to anything that is made with delicious Organic Dates, this bread is perfect for the chilly winter months ahead. We recommend throwing it in the toaster oven to heat it up and then spreading butter on top for the perfect quick morning breakfast or midday snack! Here is how you make it:
- 1 cup Coachella’s Best Organic Medjool Dates (you can buy them in bulk HERE!)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup avocado oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Coat an 8 ½ inch loaf pan with cooking spray and lightly coat with whole wheat flour.
- Shake out any excess flour in the pan.
- Add the white whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt into a medium-sized mixing bowl and mix together.
- Cut your Coachella’s Best Organic Medjool Dates in half and remove the pit.
- Place your halved dates in a bowl and cover them in boiling water.
- Let the dates soak in the hot water for about 5 minutes which will help to soften them up.
- Drain the water from the dates and pat dry.
- Add the Organic Dates, bananas, eggs, maple syrup, avocado oil, and vanilla into a separate large mixing bowl and mix together.
- Add the dry ingredients in the medium-sized mixing bowl into the wet ingredients and mix together until thoroughly combined.
- Add the ¾ cup of chopped walnuts into the bowl and fold in until equally dispersed throughout the mix.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean (the bread should be a toasted brown color).
- Flip the pan over to remove the loaf and let cool for about 15 minutes.
- Store at room temperature and enjoy!
We hope you enjoy The Best Darn Date Nut Bread just as much as we do! Make sure to share your recreation of this recipe and don’t forget to tag us on Instagram @coachellasbestdates.