The holiday season is truly the most wonderful time of the year! The sights, sounds, and tastes are really what makes Christmas special. They are what remind us of our childhood and what creates memories. While we want to indulge in everything Christmas while it is here, it can sometimes be difficult to stomach everything at once.
This is why we wanted to bring you a healthy alternative to a classic Christmas favorite, eggnog. Not only is this eggnog vegan, gluten-free, and paleo-friendly, it is also made from whole, healthy ingredients that will fuel your body! The best part is, you can make this all year long so you don’t have to wait for it in stores. Here is how you make it:
- ¼ cup Coachella’s Best Organic Medjool Dates (you can buy them in bulk HERE!)
- 2 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- Cut your Coachella’s Best Organic Medjool Dates in half and remove the pit.
- Place your halved dates in a bowl and raw cashews in a bowl and cover in boiling water.
- Let the dates and cashews soak in the hot water for about 30 minutes.
- Drain the water from the dates and cashews.
- Add the soaked dates and cashews into a blender.
- Shake the full-fat coconut milk so that it is thoroughly blended and add it into the blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients (almond milk, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, sea salt) into the blender.
- Blend all of the ingredients together until it is smooth and creamy.
- Store in an air-tight container in your fridge for up to 5 days.
- Enjoy warm or cold!
This eggnog is delicious and versatile! Add spiced rum to make it a cocktail, add it into your morning smoothie or coffee, or create overnight oats or chia pudding with it. You will want to keep this around all year long!
We hope you enjoy this date-sweetened eggnog just as much as we do! Make sure to share your recreation of this recipe and don’t forget to tag us on Instagram @coachellasbestdates.