Tomorrow is National Shortbread Day, a holiday dedicated to celebrating one of the most beloved cookies in the world - shortbread! This biscuit, which originated in Scotland and dates back to the 12th century, is known for its crumbly and buttery texture. Shortbread can be enjoyed in many different ways, but our favorite is topped with Organic Medjool Date & Berry Jam!
Our Organic Medjool Date & Berry Jam, made with Coachella's Best Organic Medjool Dates, is a perfect match to shortbread cookies. We love jam, but the grocery store jars are full of added sugars and preservatives.The dates make the jam sticky and naturally sweet and when paired with shortbread cookies it compliments the shortbread's buttery taste, adds fruity flavor, and is simply delicious. Celebrate this fun holiday with this sweet treat!
- 1 cup of pitted Coachella’s Best Organic Medjool Dates
- 1 cup of mixed berries
- ¼ cup of boiling or hot water
- Remove the pits from your dates
- Combine dates, mixed berries, and water in a food processor or blender
- Blend until smooth jam consistency
- Spread on top of store bought or homemade shortbread cookies and enjoy!
- When done, store in an airtight container or glass jar in the fridge.
Make sure to share your Organic Medjool Date & Berry Jam with us by tagging us on Instagram @coachellasbestdates !