It’s National Gluten Free Day! Gluten is a protein found in many grains, including wheat, barley, and rye. It's common in foods such as bread, pasta, pizza, and cereal. Our Organic Dates are naturally gluten free, but we love coming up with different ways to enjoy this sweet fruit in gluten free recipes.
These delicious Gluten Free Date Bars, made with Coachella’s Best Organic Medjool Dates, are the perfect example of a sweet and satisfying snack that you can take on-the-go. Pop these bars in your work bag, your kids lunch box, or enjoy them whenever! We hope you love these as much as we do!
For the Filling
- 1 cup of pitted Coachella’s Best Organic Medjool Dates
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
For the Oat Crumb Layer
- 2 cups of oats
- ½ cup of coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon of flaxseed meal
- 6 tablespoons of your favorite nut butter
- 6 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line an 8 inch square pan with parchment paper
- Remove the pits from your dates and add them to a bowl with hot water and let them soak for 15 minutes
- While your dates soak, prepare the oat crumb layer. Add your oats, coconut sugar, flaxseed meal, nut butter, and coconut oil to a food processor. Pulse until it becomes a sandy and clumped mixture
- To make the date filling, add the pitted dates, lemon juice, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla extract to the food processor and process until it becomes creamy
- Press half of the oat crumb mixture into the bottom of your lined pan. Spread the date filling on top and add the remaining oat crumb mixture onto the top of the date filling.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown
- Once cooled, cut into bars and enjoy!
Make sure to share your Gluten Free Date Bars with us by tagging us on Instagram @coachellasbestdates !