Looking for the perfect Valentine’s Day dessert? We’ve got you covered! Valentine’s Day is a day for love, special moments with loved ones, and most importantly chocolate!
One way we like to show our love and affection is through delicious and sweet treats made with our organic dates! This Organic Date Chocolate Cake, made with Coachella’s Best Organic Medjool Dates, gives you all the chocolatey goodness you would get from a normal cake without all the flour, butter, added sugar, or oil! It’s only 4 ingredients and is as easy as making a cake from the box. Enjoy this chocolate cake after a romantic dinner date, with friends at a Valentine’s Day gathering, or to satisfy your chocolate cravings all year round. We hope you love it as much as we do!
For the Cake
- 2 cups of pitted Coachella’s Best Organic Medjool Dates
- 6 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 3 eggs
For the Frosting
- 3 tbsp of melted coconut oil
- 6 tbsp of cacao powder
- 3 tbsp of pure maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a 6-inch springform pan with parchment paper
- Remove the pits from your dates and blend them into a food processor until a smooth paste is formed
- Once your date paste has formed, add in the cocoa powder and blend until combined
- Add in your baking powder and eggs and blend until smooth
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 30-35 minutes
- While the cake bakes, make your frosting: Combine the melted coconut oil and cacao powder into a bowl and whisk until smooth. Once smooth, add in the maple syrup and whisk again until smooth frosting forms
- Let the cake cool and ice your cake with the frosting
Make sure to share your Organic Date Chocolate Cake with us by tagging us on Instagram @coachellasbestdates !