It’s National Banana Bread Day! National Banana Bread Day is the perfect excuse to indulge in one of the most beloved baked goods of all time. Banana bread is a classic treat that is loved by many and it’s not hard to see why. There are various ways to enjoy banana bread, whether it's on its own or paired with add-ins such as chocolate chips or nuts. However, our preferred way of enjoying banana bread is by incorporating the delicious and chewy taste of organic dates.
Our Banana Date Bread, made with Coachella’s Best Organic Medjool Dates, offers a sweet twist that will make everyone go bananas! It’s decadent and perfect for breakfast, tea time, or whenever you need to satisfy your sweet cravings! This bread is easy to make and a great way to use up overripe bananas that might go to waste. Celebrate this fun holiday with this sweet treat!
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 4 oz of unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 overripe bananas, mashed
- 1 ½ cup of pitted Coachella's Best Medjool Dates
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease and flour a loaf pan
- In a bowl combine your dry ingredients - flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Stir or whisk to mix.
- In another bowl combine your wet ingredients - beat your butter and sugars until they are light and fluffy. Add your eggs and beat until blended. Add your vanilla extract and mashed bananas and beat to blend all together.
- Combine your dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined
- Remove the pits from your Organic Medjool Dates and roughly chop them
- Fold in your chopped dates into the batter
- Put your batter into your loaf pan and bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
- Let your Banana Date Bread cool for 20 minutes before slicing your loaf
Don’t forget to share your Banana Date Bread with us by tagging us on Instagram @coachellasbestdates !