Creepy, crawly, edible date spiders are the best Halloween treat AND they’re gluten-free, vegan, and nut-free! What else could possibly taste this good while being safe for all the ghouls and goblins?
We saw this recipe online from Eating by Elaine and just had to give it a try with our Coachella’s Best Organic Medjool Dates for our Halloween party. This recipe is a great activity to do with your kiddos as well, so they can be included in the spooky activities!
- 6 Coachella’s Best Organic Medjool Dates (room temperature so they are soft)
- 30 small pretzels (for the legs)
- 12 vegan chocolate chips (for the eyes)
- Nut or seed butter of your choice for gluing the legs and eyes
- Cotton candy to use as a “web” for your spiders
- Allow your Coachella’s Best Organic Medjool Dates to reach room temperature so that they are soft and easier to work with.
- Cut the dates down the center and remove the pits.
*Optional* Stuff dates with nut butters, or your favorite date-stuffing.
- Break mini pretzel into smaller “leg” pieces and attach 8 legs to each date using the nut or seed butter.
- Use the nut/seed butter to “glue” on the chocolate chip eyeballs to the top of the date
- Stretch the cotton candy “web” over a plate, add your spiders, and serve!
This is such a fun recipe that can be a fun family activity to celebrate spooky season!
Check out some of our other date-licious recipes here!