These gluten-free date balls are a great source of natural energy, and the perfect snack to beat the midday slump. This recipe is a go-to for the busy bees 🐝.
Why are they called Energy Balls?
These bite-sized snacks pack a big list of essential nutrients that provide clean energy throughout the day! Dates are a natural sugar source which provides a lasting boost without the crash that you get from white sugars. Since chia seeds help regulate blood sugar levels, they’ll help keep that pep in your step!
The almonds, or nuts of your choice, provide healthy fats, protein, and a light crunch! The Cacao powder is what gives the energy balls their rich, chocolatey flavor. You can even add extra flavors like cinnamon, vanilla, or sea salt to fit your favorite flavor combinations! We like to add extra cacao powder for a richer chocolate flavor.
Let’s make ‘em:
- 1 cup pitted Coachella’s Best Organic Medjool Dates
- 1 cup almonds (or nuts of your choice)
- 1/2 cup raw organic cacao powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Teaspoon of sesame seeds
- Pinch of salt
- Soak the Coachella’s Best Organic Medjool Dates in warm water for 15 minutes to soften
- Add nuts, cacao, coconut oil, and chia and sesame seeds to a food processor and mix.
- Add the dates and pinch of salt to the mix and blend again.
- Let the mixture sit for 10 mins
- Roll the mixture into 1” balls
- Roll the balls in shredded coconut
- Let rest in the fridge for 1 hr
- Share and ENJOY!
Date energy balls are a great way to keep your energy levels up throughout the day, without having any sugar crashes later. They’re delicious, nutritious and an easy grab and go snack for work, before a workout, or even in the mornings when you just don’t have time to make breakfast.
Find more recipes like this on our blog!