It’s time to trash the basics, and start zesting up your holiday meals! You can start by saying goodbye to the bland, store bought salad dressings and bag salads, and saying hello to this date-licious salad combo with creamy date dijon salad dressing.
Your guests will be shocked that this salad wasn’t picked up from a 5-star restaurant. Grab your Coachella’s Best Organic Medjool Dates and let’s get to dressin’ up the salads!
- 4 Coachella’s Best Organic Medjool Dates
- ½ cup of Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 6 tablespoons of water
- ⅛ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- ½ teaspoon of garlic (or one fresh clove)
Follow these steps:
- Remove the pits from your 4 room temperature Coachella’s Best Organic Medjool Dates.
- Add the dates to a food processor and pulse until the dates are a paste.
- Add in the Dijon mustard, spices, and apple cider vinegar.
- Drizzle in the olive oil while the processor runs until combined.
- Add in the water and pulse again until everything is combined.
- Taste and add more water if a thinner texture is desired.
- Chill and enjoy over a crisp winter salad!
For the salad, you can grab any greens mix and these add ins:
- Dried cranberries
- Chopped Coachella’s Best Organic Medjool Dates
- Crumbled goat cheese or bleu cheese
- Candied pecans or crushed walnuts
- Shredded brussel sprouts, cabbage, and carrots
- Diced apples
Throw all of your ingredients in the bowl and toss until everything is evenly mixed in. Drizzle a splash of olive oil over the salad and toss again just before serving. Allow your guests to add their own dressing later.
The dressing is also a tasty dipping sauce for your Thanksgiving turkey, wink wink!
Find more of our date-licious recipes on our blog!