Thanksgiving is just days away and we’re getting ready to gobble ‘til we wobble this year! Everyone knows stuffing is a staple for the holidays, but why serve the same boring dishes this year when you can serve this Date Stuffing instead?
It only takes about 10 minutes to prep, and 30 minutes to cook so it’s an easy addition to your holiday spread!
Let’s get cookin’! Grab your ingredients:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 ½ cups of diced celery
- 2 ½ cups of diced yellow onion
- 4 Coachella’s Best Organic Medjool Dates, pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons of chopped, toasted walnuts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of fresh chopped thyme
- ½ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1-2 sprinkles of ground nutmeg
- 1 clove of fresh garlic (or ½ tablespoon of garlic powder)
- 1 and ½ cups of low sodium chicken broth
- 18 ounces whole wheat bread, cut into cubes
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F
- In a medium saucepan, combine the olive oil, celery, onions, garlic, thyme, and broth. Cover and sauté on medium heat until the vegetables are soft.
- Combine bread, dates, walnuts, pepper, and nutmeg with the wet ingredients.
- Spray non-stick spray, or oil, on your casserole dish and add in the stuffing mixture.
- Bake covered for 20 minutes, remove cover and bake for an additional 10 minutes to get a crispy crust.
- Add a sprig or two of thyme and/or some extra dates to the top, and serve!
Give it a try and see how quickly your guests start begging you for the recipe! 😉
Find more of our date-licious recipes on our blog!