Happy National Fluffernutter Day! Fluffernutters are a staple in many people’s childhood memories, especially in the New England area of the United States. If you don’t know, a Fluffernutter is a sandwich made with peanut butter and Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme, spread between two soft, white slices of bread. Here at Coachella’s Best, we have deconstructed this staple sandwich and reconstructed it into a delicious, gluten-free treat! This combination of peanut butter, marshmallow, and chewy delicious organic dates will have everyone coming back for more!
- 20 Coachella’s Best Organic Medjool Dates (you can buy these here!)
- 6 tbsps butter
- 1 bag or 10 oz of mini marshmallows (you can also use Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme but it is sweeter and will take longer to cool)
- 9 cups corn flakes (we used unsweetened gluten-free ones)
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter (we used creamy peanut butter)
- Soak your Coachella’s Best Organic Medjool Dates in hot water (this will soften them up and make them easier to cut).
- Dry your dates and cut them in half, remove the pit, and chop them into chunks.
- Add all of your butter into a pot and let it melt
- Once the butter has melted in the pot add all of your mini marshmallows into the pot
- Stir the marshmallows until they have melted
- Add all of your peanut butter
- Mix your marshmallows and peanut butter until they are thoroughly mixed
- Remove your pot from the heat
- Add most of your Organic Medjool Dates and all of your cornflakes into the pot and keep mixing until everything is combined evenly (We like to save a few bits of dates to add to the top of our treats)
- Spray down a baking pan with cooking spray (this is not totally necessary but will help when removing the treats from the pan
- Form the mixture into the baking pan and add any extra date pieces and mini marshmallows to the top
- Let sit in the fridge or on the counter until cool
- Evenly cut into squares
We hope you enjoy this gooey peanut butter date treat just as much as we do! Make sure to share your recreation of this recipe and don’t forget to tag us on Instagram @coachellasbestdates.