Unfortunately, we are all sold out of our Yellow Barhi Dates for this year. However, if you happen to have any Yellow Barhi Dates left over from the season you are in luck! We have the most amazing recipe from @byrdbakingco for a vegan, gluten-free Yellow Barhi Crumble. This delicious sweet treat has delicious, tropical flavors of summer but also warm, cozy spices that make it perfect to enjoy in the fall. No matter the time of the year, this recipe will be a fun and unique crowd pleaser time and time again! Try it out for yourself:
- 3/4 cup sliced Coachella’s Best Organic Yellow Barhi Dates (you can buy these here!)
- 3 large golden delicious apples
- 1/2 cup orange juice unsweetened, preferable fresh
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of Gluten-Free 1-to-1 Flour
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise flower
For the crumble:
- 1/3 cup oats rolled
- 1/8 cup gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup candied walnuts
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut shavings
- Vegan vanilla ice cream
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit (180 degrees celsius).
- Carefully slice your Yellow Barhi dates vertically and remove the pit.
- Slice the Yellow Barhi Dates vertically once more so that they are cut into quarters.
- Peel your apples and cut them into somewhat thin slices.
- Add your Yellow Barhi Dates, apples, orange juice, brown sugar, 1-to1 flour, salt, cinnamon stick, and star anise into a pan and bring to a boil.
- Once the juice begins to boil, lower the heat and let simmer until the fruit is tender but make sure to remove it from the heat before it gets too mushy!
- Remove the cinnamon stick and the star anise from the mixture.
- Divide your Yellow Barhi and apple mixture evenly between four small oven-proof dishes.
- In a bowl, mix together your oats, flour, walnuts, brown sugar, and coconut shavings in order to make your crumble.
- Evenly sprinkle the crumble over the mixture that is in the oven-proof dishes.
- Bake your Yellow Barhi Crumble at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with your favorite vegan vanilla ice cream.
- Garnish with mint leaves and extra fresh Yellow Barhi slices.
We hope you enjoy this amazing Yellow Barhi Crumble just as much as we do! Make sure to share your recreation of this recipe and don’t forget to tag us on Instagram @coachellasbestdates.