Celebrate National Dog Day with a healthy treat for your fur babies! With just 7 ingredients, you can make these protein-packed, yummy snacks for your pup – they’re even people friendly too! All you’ll need is bananas, Coachella’s Best Organic Dates, cranberries, coconut oil, natural peanut butter, rolled oats, and shredded coconut. These are the best darn treats for your dogs. They may never want their favorite store-bought treats again!
- Bananas: Packed with potassium & vitamins
- Medjool Dates: A fiber-filled, safe sweetener alternative
- Shredded Coconut and Coconut Oil: Great for your pup’s skin, and coat! Helps with digestion
- Rolled Oats: Safe for dogs with a wheat allergy!
- Dried Cranberries:
- Natural Peanut Butter: Every pup’s favorite treat! Natural PB has healthy fats and protein. MUST BE ALL NATURAL PEANUT BUTTER! Regular PB contains Xylitol, which is not safe for dogs!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Freeze Time: 2 hours
- 1 sliced Banana
- 3 Medjool Dates (Pitted)
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Oil
- 3 Cups Rolled Oats
- 2 Tablespoon of Dried Cranberries
- 1/3 Cup All Natural Peanut Butter
- 1/3 Cup Finely Shredded Coconut (save for rolling)
- Add the sliced banana, medjool dates, coconut oil, oats, dried cranberries and natural peanut butter to a food processor.
- Blend until everything is mixed together well.
- Spoon the mixture out and roll into small balls that suit your dog’s size!
- On a plate, spread out the shredded coconut and roll each treat ball across the plate to lightly coat.
- Place the treats spread out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and pop them in the freezer for 1-2 hours.
- Serve with a side of puppy snuggles!
- If you notice your mixture is too wet, add more oats. If you notice it is too dry, add some extra natural peanut butter.
- Store the treats in the freezer to keep them fresh longer.
Thinking about making these pup-tastic treats for your four-legged friends today? Snap a photo and tag us on Instagram @coachellasbestdates.
Check out some of our other delicious recipes here!