It’s National Chocolate Chip Day! Chocolate chips are small, bite-sized pieces of chocolate that are commonly used in baking and desserts. They are made from chocolate that has been tempered and then formed into small, uniform shapes. Chocolate chips are a staple ingredient in many households and are often enjoyed as a snack on their own. They add a delicious burst of chocolate flavor and texture to any dessert, making them a beloved ingredient for bakers and chocolate lovers alike.
There's nothing better than celebrating National Chocolate Chip Day with our Date Sweetened Chocolate Chip Cookies, made with Coachella’s Best “Darn It” Cooking Dates! Not only are these cookies a delicious treat, but they're also a healthier alternative to traditional chocolate chip cookies. By using dates as a sweetener in place of refined sugar, our cookies offer a natural sweetness with a lower glycemic index. Plus, the combination of dates and chocolate chips creates a perfect balance of sweet and rich flavors that everyone will love. Chocolate chips are simply the best, and that's why there's a special day dedicated to celebrating them!
- 12 Coachella’s Best “Darn It” Cooking Dates
- 1 cup of walnuts
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp of sea salt
- ¼ tsp of baking soda
- ½ cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Remove the pits from your Dates
- Blend your dates and walnuts in a food processor until finely ground
- Add your egg, vanilla extract, salt, and baking soda and blend to combine
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Scoop your dough into balls and place them on your baking sheet
- Bake for 9-11 min
- Let cool and enjoy!
Don’t forget to share your Date Sweetened Chocolate Chip Cookies with us on Instagram @coachellasbestdates!