Happy National Chai Day! ☕ 🍂
In celebration, we’re sharing our Vegan Chai Latte recipe, sweetened with our Organic Medjool Dates, with all of you! This cozy beverage is a perfect way to kick off the fall season.
- 1/4–1/3 cup Coachella’s Best Organic Medjool Dates (pitted)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom seeds
- 2 whole star anise
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups filtered water
- 2-inch piece fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons loose-leaf black tea (or 6 black tea bags)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 cups non-dairy milk
- Toast cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, anise, and black pepper in a small saucepan until fragrant (about 1-2 minutes.) Mix frequently to avoid burning.
- Add in filtered water and ginger. Bring the mixture to a boil. Simmer uncovered for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add in the black tea. Cover and allow tea to steep for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, heat your non-dairy milk of choice in a small saucepan until warm.
- Once the tea has steeped, strain into a blender. Add your warmed milk and dates. Blend until smooth.
- Serve warm with your favorite toppings (like vegan whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon!)
This latte can be made up to 5 days in advance! Just store it refrigerated in an airtight container.We hope you’ll enjoy this sweet drink all autumn long! Make sure to share your recreation of this recipe and don’t forget to tag us on Instagram @coachellasbestdates.