It's barbecue season! With Memorial Day right around the corner, we are celebrating with this new date-sweetened barbecue sauce recipe. This BBQ sauce is perfect to pair with hamburgers, chicken wings, hotdogs, you name it. A deliciously sweet and savory sauce your family and friends are sure to enjoy!
Memorial Day is a national holiday where we gather to honor the lives of the men and women that have died while serving in the U.S. military.
This date-sweetened barbecue sauce is a delicious new condiment to bring and introduce to your loved ones! Packed with essential nutrients, because of Coachella's Best Organic Dates, and so easy to make! Takes less than 45 minutes and will become the go-to sauce for your backyard events. Here is how to make this delicious recipe!
- 7-8 pitted medjool dates
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First take the pits out of your medjool dates.
- Then boil some water, and put your handful of dates inside. Let the dates soak in the hot water for 10 minutes.
- Add your dates, and the rest of the ingredients listed above, inside a blender. Blend until you get a smooth consistency.
- Add the sauce into a pan and turn up the heat. Let the sauce simmer for 10 minutes. Let it cool, and then it is ready to serve. Enjoy!