A healthy treat, that is so addicting to eat! Today we will be showing you how to make Chocolate Hummus that is sweetened with medjool dates. This recipe is vegan, dairy free, gluten free, and guilt free! You don't have to feel bad about indulging because the ingredients are jam packed with nutrients that are good for your body.
Each ingredient in this Chocolate Hummus recipe is full of nutrients that offer numerous health benefits. Chickpeas are high in dietary fiber, and studies have found that they can even lower your blood sugar and cholesterol levels. Also known as garbanzo beans, chickpeas, serve as a rich source of vitamins, minerals, and protein. They can help manage weight loss, and improve digestion.
Dates are very nutritious and are high in disease fighting antioxidants. They can help prevent colorectal cancer, improve bone health, and studies have shown that they may improve brain health.
Who knew that something so delicious could be so nutritious for your body? Chocolate hummus is a great way to incorporate these superfoods into your diet and also treat yourself to something sweet.
You can treat this recipe as a fruit dip. Here are some examples of what we would pair this recipe with:
- Apple Slices
The possibilities are endless, get creative and add your own spin on this recipe! Here's how to make our chocolate hummus:
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 9-10 Organic dates
- ¼ cup of Cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ cup of Water - or enough to blend
- Take your dates and let them soak in a bowl of hot water for 10 minutes. This will soften the dates and allow them to blend easier into a paste.
- Blend organic dates in a blender, until you have a paste-like consistency.
- Next, combine the chickpeas, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt in the blender and pulse until all is mixed in together.
- Add in water and blend ingredients together to make this paste creamier and easier to spread.
- Ready to serve!
- For any extra, store in a container for up to 2 weeks.