We're celebrating the sweetness of National Cupcake Day with a Date-infused vegan cream cheese icing! Indulge in the most naturally rich and sweet icing you’ll ever bite into and make this quick recipe for your next celebration!
Grab your ingredients:
- 18 Coachella’s Best Organic Medjool Dates
- ½ cup room temperature water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- Pinch of salt
Let’s get mixin’!
- Place dates in a heat safe bowl. Pour hot water over the dates until covered and let soak for 10 minutes.
- During this time, also have the cream cheese and butter on the counter allowing them to soften.
- Once the dates cool down, remove their pits... or skip the pitting process and try our new Organic Pitted Medjool Dates!
- Combine the pitted dates, ½ a cup of room temperature water, 1 tsp of vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt into the food processor.
- Process until everything is combined and smooth, then add the 8oz of cream cheese and 2 tbsp of butter and blend until smooth.
- Add to a piping bag and decorate your cupcakes with a DATElicious icing and your favorite toppings!
This icing makes about 2 cups of icing (enough for 12 cupcakes), or one 9” cake; the perfect batch of icing for your next celebration! 🧁
Not into vegan cream cheese? Just substitute the vegan ingredients for regular cream cheese and butter. It’s just as datelicious!
Grab a box of our Organic Medjool Dates here, and allow your sweet tooth cravings to be met with this naturally sweet recipe!