Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! So why do approximately 31 million people in the United States skip breakfast? Most of them say it’s simply because they don’t have enough time in the morning. As the saying goes, “Planning is the key to success.” When you have your breakfast planned ahead of time, you are setting yourself up to take on the day!
Kickstart your day with these delicious Chocolate Date Bites, and fuel up on energy that won’t lead to an afternoon sugar slump. Plus, the fiber in these bites will keep you full for hours; preventing an impulsive junk food binge later.
These Date Bites are super easy to make, and can even be prepared the night before. Perfect to grab and go on your way out the door! All you need is:
- 10 Coachella’s Best Organic Medjool Dates (You can order these in bulk here!)
- ½ Cup Peanuts (You can substitute for a different nut or a combination of nuts)
- 2 Tablespoons of Cacao/Cocoa Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- Pull apart ten Dates and remove the pits
- Combine in the food processor:
- 10 Dates
- 1/2 Cup Peanuts
- 2 Tbsp. Cacao Powder
- ½ tsp. Vanilla
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- Transfer mixture into a bowl
- Use a tablespoon to scoop the mixture and use your hands to form it into a ball
Optional: Add protein powder to your Date Bite for the perfect post-workout snack.
Pro Tip: If your mixture is crumbling and not sticking together, you can fix this by adding more dates in the food processor!
These amazing Date Bites will keep for up to two weeks in your fridge or 3 months in the freezer, so you’ll never have to skip breakfast again! You can grab a handful for breakfast to-go, pack them to enjoy as an afternoon snack, or even sneak a couple for a late night dessert that won’t kill your diet.
We hope you enjoy these Chocolate Date Bites as much (and as often!) as we do! Make sure to share your recreation of this recipe and don’t forget to tag us on Instagram @coachellasbestdates.