It’s National Banana Day, a holiday dedicated to honor one of the most popular fruits - bananas! Bananas are the perfect snack for any time of the day, whether it’s a quick breakfast on the go, a midday snack, or a pre-workout energy boost. Like dates, bananas are a nutrient powerhouse, packed with vitamins, minerals, and fiber that offer a range of health benefits for the body. They are also a great ingredient to use in a variety of recipes, adding natural sweetness and texture to many dishes. One of our favorite ways we like to incorporate bananas into our daily lifestyle is in our Banana Date Balls.
Our Banana Date Balls, made with Coachella’s Best Organic Dates, are the perfect recipe to make to celebrate National Banana Day! These nourishing banana date balls are perfect for breakfast or if you are in need of a quick snack. Not only are they sweet and chewy, but they also contain only 6 ingredients, making them free of added sugar, gluten-free and vegan. We can guarantee that you will go bananas for these date and banana balls!
- 1 cup of Coachella’s Best Organic Dates
- 3 ripe bananas
- ¼ cup of avocado oil
- ¼ cup of almond milk
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- ½ tsp of salt
- 2 cups of gluten-free rolled oats
- Pecans for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment
- In a medium bowl, mash your bananas well
- Remove the pits from your dates and chop them into small pieces
- Place your pitted dates into the medium bowl with the mashed bananas and add the rest of your ingredients
- Mix until combined
- Scoop your mixture into balls and place on your lined baking sheet
- Place a pecan on top of each ball
- Bake for 20 minutes
Make sure to share your Banana Date Balls with us by tagging @coachellasbestdates on Instagram!