We love to share great articles about dates on our site. Here's one that hits several of the topics we're always discussing around the Del Rey offices. You can find the original article here.
"While there are at least 30 kinds of dates that are found around the world, they pretty much fall under three broad types - soft, semi-dry, and dry, and the differentiation is made according to the glucose, sucrose, and fructose content." - Priyadarshini Nandy
Dates are a good source of various vitamins and minerals, energy, sugar, and fiber. It also contains calcium, iron, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium and zinc.
Health benefits of dates: Here are only a few of the reasons why you should eat dates regularly:
1. Lowers cholesterol
2. Protein rich - Dates are a great pre- and post-workout treat!
3. Rich in Vitamins - Dates are high in B Vitamins, Manganese, Potassium and many more. See our videos on Fiber, Potassium and workout snacks here.
4. Improves bone health
"Dates could do wonders for your bone health too. Yes, you heard us. Dates are rich in selenium, manganese, copper, and magnesium, and all of these are required when it comes to keeping our bones healthy, and preventing conditions such as osteoporosis."
5. Strengthens the nervous system
6. Rich in Iron
7. Promotes Digestion thanks to the high fiber content.
8. Improves Skin
9. Fixes Hangovers
10. Assists in Healthy Weight Gain
Original article appeared on https://food.ndtv.com/food-drinks/10-dates-benefits-from-improving-bone-health-to-promoting-beautiful-skin-1258714