Ramadan is the time when Muslims fast from sunrise to sunset every day for 30 days. During this time they do not eat anything or drink anything and abstain from pleasures such as smoking and drinking. Not only does this help Muslims spiritually strengthen their relationship with Allah, but it also helps them reflect on the less fortunate and how blessed they truly are.
While Ramadan is an important time for Muslims, completely fasting from dawn to dusk is no easy feat. One of the top tricks to making it through the day is to consume a quick and easy protein-filled breakfast for Suhoor or “the meal before sunrise.” Our Suhoor Date Smoothie recipe is not only easy to make because all it requires is a blender, but it is also very easy to consume which is important when you are limited on time. It also contains dates and bananas which have natural sugar and fiber to give you long-lasting energy and keep you full throughout the day! Here’s how you make it:
- 4 Coachella’s Best Organic Medjool Dates (you can buy them in bulk HERE!)
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 tbsp maca powder
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Pinch of salt
- Cut your Coachella’s Best Organic Medjool Dates vertically and remove the pit.
- Soak your dates in hot water for about 5 minutes or until soft.
- Strain the water from the dates and lightly pat to dry.
- Add the soaked dates and almond milk into the blender and blend until the dates become a paste.
- Add in the frozen bananas and blend until smooth. (This ensures there will be no chunks of banana or dates in your smoothie!)
- Add the remaining ingredients (protein powder, almond butter, cacao nibs, maca powder, chia seeds, and salt) into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Enjoy immediately!
We hope you enjoy this Suhoor Date Smoothie for Ramadan just as much as we do! Make sure to share your recreation of this recipe and don’t forget to tag us on Instagram @coachellasbestdates.