The first night of Hanukkah is coming up and we have the perfect recipe for you…Medjool Date Applesauce! Latkes are a potato pancake and are a Hanukkah staple. They symbolize the oil of the menorah that was able to stay aflamed for eight days even though there was only enough oil for one day.
Latkes are served many ways, but one of the traditional toppings is applesauce! Our Medjool Date Applesauce, made with our Coachella’s Best Organic Medjool Dates, will be the perfect Hanukkah pairing. Applesauce is light and fruity and when eaten with latkes it will cool the palate, conceal the oiliness of the potato, and add a delicious and sweet flavor.
- 3 Fuji apples
- 3 pitted Medjool Dates (add more for extra sweetness!)
- 1 cup of water
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- Remove the core, seeds, and stems from the apples and chop them into chunks
- Put your apples, ½ cup of water, and cinnamon into a saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil
- Meanwhile, place your dates and ½ cup of water into a blender to make a date puree
- Once your apples are boiling, reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for 20 min
- After 20 min, add the cooked apples into the blender with the date puree and blend until smooth
- Serve with latkes and enjoy!
Make sure to share your Medjool Date Applesauce with us by tagging us on Instagram @coachellasbestdates !