It’s the first day of fall, which means football parties, holiday gatherings, and lots of yummy food! We all know the first thing people look for at gatherings is the charcuterie board, so we wanted to put our own spin on a party snack staple using Coachella’s Best Organic Medjool Dates! Here’s a little breakdown of our spread!
The stars of the board (recipes below):
✨Goat Cheese Stuffed Dates ✨Date Jam
✨Sharp Cheddar ✨Brie ✨Goat Cheese
✨Salami ✨Coppa ✨Sopressa
✨Cornichons ✨Sliced Apples
✨Assorted Crackers ✨Sliced Baguette
Let’s get back to the stars of the spread… First make sure to grab some Coachella’s Best Organic Medjool Dates from our website!
How to make Goat Cheese Stuffed Dates:
- Slice each date in half, keeping them connected on one side, and remove the pits.
- Stuff each date with goat cheese – just enough to fill the inside of the date.
- Top with honey, and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes. For added crunch, add some crushed walnuts!
How to make Date Jam (can be put in a jar and stored in the refrigerator for up to one month):
- Halve & remove the pits from about 1 cup of Coachella's Best Organic Medjool Dates.
- Add to a saucepan, cover with 2 cups of water, and bring to a hard boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Drain the dates, and keep ½ cup of the liquid.
- Move the dates and ½ cup of the date liquid to a blender.
- Add 2 tsp of lemon juice, 1 tsp of cinnamon, and 2 tsp of maple syrup (optional) to the blender and blend until a smooth paste forms.
Now it’s time to get creative! Take all of the above ingredients and a cutting board or serving tray and make it look fancy! Level up the board with meat roses and small dishes to hold things like the jam and berries. The board is your canvas!
Show us how creative you can get with your DATE-licious charcuterie boards. Tag us in your pics on Instagram @coachellsasbestdates!
Find more recipes to spice up your next dinner party on our blog!