This Date Cream Pie is unbelievably delicious and one of our all-time favorites! This pie has a sweet date filling with a light whipped cream topping. It’s great to bring as a treat for social gatherings, and you’ll see no one can have just one slice!
- 1 pound of dates
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 1 cup of milk
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 1 egg
- Pastry Shell Cooked (9 inch)
- 3 Tablespoons of confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups of whipping cream
- Pit your Medjool dates, and then cut them into small pieces.
- Put your Medjool dates into a saucepan and add enough water to cover the dates.
- Bring this to a boil, and then reduce the heat to low and let the dates simmer until they are very soft.
- In a medium sized bowl mix together the milk, sugar, salt, flour, and egg. Add this mixture to the dates in the saucepan and mix until thickened.
- Once all combined and thickened, take this mixture off the heat and let it cool.
- Once completely cooled, add this mixture into your pastry shell.
- Now it's time to make the whipped cream topping! In a medium sized bowl add your whipping cream and use an electric mixer to beat the whipping cream until it is soft.
- Once it is soft, beat in the confectioners sugar and vanilla extra.
- Add the whipped cream on top of the pie and after this last step you are ready to enjoy!