Unsure of what to get your dad this Father’s Day? Treat him to some bacon-wrapped Dates! Bacon-wrapped Dates are the perfect snack no matter how you choose to celebrate your dad this Father's Day. Whether you are having a family barbeque or simply relaxing by the pool, take the grilling off your dad's hands and surprise him with these delicious bite-sized treats featuring this delicious Organic Date Fruit!
This simple snack is the perfect appetizer for anyone who craves both a sweet and savory indulgence. With the combination of the sweetness from the Organic Date Fruit and the bacon's saltiness, this snack will satisfy all of your guests. They will also get the best of both worlds when they bite into the crisp bacon and are surprised by the soft, warm Organic Date. We also love that this recipe appeals to meat-lovers while including all of the health benefits that Organic Dates have to offer!
This recipe is as simple as it sounds: all you need are Organic Dates and bacon! With this quick prep and cooking time you'll have more time to spend with dad and an impressive and delicious appetizer for him and your guests. For this recipe, you'll need about 2-3 dates per person at your celebration (plus a couple extra for dad)!
- 2 lb Coachella’s Best Organic Medjool Dates (You can order these here!)
- Bacon slices (approximately 1 slice for every 4-5 dates)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cut bacon slices in half lengthwise to create two long strips
- Beginning at one end of the bacon strip, wrap the half strip of bacon around the Date two times
- Place the bacon-wrapped Date on a baking sheet with the remaining end of the bacon tucked underneath
- Repeat with all remaining Dates
- Place the Dates in the oven for 10 minutes
- Flip the Dates and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until the Dates are soft and bacon is crispy
- Serve and enjoy!
We hope you enjoy this fun and delicious recipe, whether it's for Father's Day or throughout the entire summer! Be sure to show off your version of this treat by posting your finished product on Instagram and tagging us @coachellasbestdates.